Monday, June 10, 2013

A Cleopatra Kiss

If you care about my side of the story, there was breezy love,
rarely in fragments and figments of a fabulous fable.
We were lost longer under the night sky than the bright blue.
And for some unknown reasons,
we kissed more in the summer than in the winter.
A splendor of Andromeda flared an obsession in us.
At least, I thought that way till the day you, Ah!

Did I fail to read you and your sublime subtlety?
Did you chase a million rainbows beyond the eternal darkness?
You never told me even if you did.
Why did you take my hand with fleeting swiftness?
Was it sudden desire or fear of a hapless light falling upon us?
I can't remember; my memory is fading fast.
These words are, perhaps, worthless babel for you now.

A few summer lines on your allure dazzled through your virginity.
I captured blue and red stars from infinity and scattered on you.
Often, I dreamt a silhouette of Cleopatra;
she was never my ambition in the frame of my flame.
Beatrice was. But, her inimitable beauty did not fit my, Ah!
Thus, I could never become Dante in your might of myth.
A Cleopatra kiss blinded me that night and I became Julius Caesar!

No comments:

Post a Comment