Monday, April 2, 2012

Monalisa! Do Not Smile Yet

A month ago, I went to a cafe for mocha and was surprised by Monalisa! Yes, she exactly looked like Monalisa of Leonardo. I was not prepared for this and I will never be. I never saw her again, it was a few frozen seconds. This poem is to express my utter surprise and desire to see her when it will still be drizzling, when it will still be fire on western horizon!

Those twinkling eyes infinite,
fertility of your lips and a few seconds’ quiet.
Ages ago, Da vinci painted you in moist desire
and now, there you are! a sudden joy entire.
O Monalisa, do not smile yet!

Let the sun go behind your rousing hair,
Let tenderness flood in, free from modern glare.
Look into my eyes Monalisa; and look deep,
You will see a poet lost in weep.
O Monalisa, do not smile yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment