Saturday, January 7, 2012

You Are

You have round lips of either Heather or Emily;
And deep eyes of either Liz or Jenny,
Maybe you have a foreign name;
Lolita, Chen Li, Shabnam, Iwona?
I see you everywhere;
In the food court, in Hale library,
In the football stadium, in exam halls.
You come in colors multitude, but purple rules.

Those sounds you make round and round;
“I know,” "whatever,” “I was like….,”
As if you are an actress, is it just me?
You work hard every day
and wait for weekend crimson.

I see you again on Saturday night,
In Aggieville or in a house party;
among boisterous youth and agility
when your virginity cries aloud for liberty
behind the veil of alcohol.
Did you see the ad on every Collegian stand?
It’s about HPV, remember?
You wake up late on Sunday
and dash to Chipotle for brunch.
Or you dress up for the church
Or for a trip to the lake.
No? Unrestrained lust of yours, but less love!
I wish you had wings to drive your vitality.
I wish you were real without that make-up.

The other day at Radina’s,
You looked into my eyes
And I dived in its enamored depth.
I overheard your murmur,
“That romantic stupid,”
Yeah, that’s me!

No comments:

Post a Comment