Sunday, July 7, 2013

To A Secret Lover (Illusion)


"The very essence of romance is uncertainty." Oscar Wilde

Red roses and dark chocolates will surprise you this morning.
You will ask if anyone saw me leaving a part of adoration on your door.
Few names will cross your mind, but, you will still be wondering.
Dark chocolates will melt my infatuation into your revelry.
Every cocoa bit will make you wonder if love is a dark inebriety.
Then, you look keen and you will see my dreams on the velvet petals.
Some will be brilliant like your red hot blouse.
Some will be cold, February cold of our frozen inhibitions.
Some dreams are lofty hopes, to see you every Wednesday and
to run to the summer rain beyond scarlet celebration.
Some dreams are pure pale, your hidden treasures deserve my expedition.
You will know me in those screaming dreams of yellow morning.

Epilogue (Reality)


Dear Fab,
               When I wrote "To A Secret Lover", I was thinking about you. Not knowing too well was compensated by the power of imagination. Why should you know this? Because a) you are the protagonist in the poem, b) when my biography will be written someday, the posterity must know who the secret lover was and c) I have always adored you. Only cardinal sin I have committed is that I painted you in red; it probably should have been white which is your favorite color. Do not say anything now, your silence is my imagination.

Mausam,
              Wow. I did not expect such a message. It was nice, but also made me uncomfortable, especially since I am engaged. I am sure the posterity will remember you for something else than any inspiration I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment